cathy

Default BOX CAKES

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:36:33 -0700, "<RJ>" >
wrote:

>An insert in my Sunday paper caught my eye;
>"How to make elaborate cakes, using box-cake mix"
>
>The pictures had me drooling,
>but the price, ( 4 easy payments of $7.99 ) was a turn-off.
>
>I recently tried one such recipe;
>Yellow box cake, 4 eggs, oil, pudding,
>and a few cups of diced apples.
>While the toothpick said "done"
>the bottom was still gooey, and half-baked.
>
>If you're a box-cake user,
>is there anything you add to make it "special" ?
>
>( I'm NOT gonna buy the $32 book )
>

><rj>

My standard favorite, which can be found in many places on the
Internet is this:

Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 package dark chocolate cake mix
1 small package INSTANT chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup warm water
4 eggs
1 12 ounce package chocolate chips

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Blend
until just smooth. DO NOT OVERMIX. Stir in chocolate chips until just
blended. Be careful not to overmix. Turn into greased bundt pan. Bake
350 degree oven 1 hour. Let cool before turning out of pan.

Cathy