Vox Humana

Default cupcake liners

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Michelle-
>

> > I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> > find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> > Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?

> Maybe this is off topic... but I caught the boardroom part of Martha's
> Apprentice recently and the project had been wedding cakes. There was
> something said about cupcakes. The team commented about needing liners
> and Martha and her daughter both burst out "You don't need liners!!" I
> can see where trying to remove the liners would actually be a hassel
> and serving without would be neater all the way around. It wouldn't
> have occurred to me, which is why I couldn't be an Apprentice. <G>

Do you NEED liners? NO. That said, I think it makes a better presentation.
Also, cupcakes are sold in liners at bakeries. Therefore, people will
expect them to be in liners. Are they more of a mess or hassle in liners?
I don't know. Is it more of a mess than a slice of cake on a plate? I
don't think so, at least not for the person eating the cupcake. One could
argue that it is more neat. In any case, I think it is splitting hairs.
Personally, I think that serving cupcakes at a wedding that are not in
liners will make it seem more like a child's birthday party. I'm a bit
surprised about Martha's reaction. This is the woman who spends more time
and money on gift wrap than the value of the gift. In Martha's world, it is
presentation, presentation, presentation. I think that the liner is part of
the presentation. Considering that circumstances that the comment arose
from, it might have been more a point of theatrics rather than a conveyance
of fact. It provides more tension to blurt out "You don't need liners (you
idiot, fool, dolt, etc.) rather than say, "Yes dear, I agree."

Since it is a matter of opinion, I would leave the decision up to the
customer. It is the bride's opinion that really matters here, not mine or
Martha's.