Chef Juke

Default So Near and yet So Far...(I could almost SMELL the que from 20,000 feet)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:24:46 -0500, "Mike \"Piedmont\""
> wrote:

>Chef Juke wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Been busier than I-don't-know-what lately and haven't posted much, but
>> am definitely overdue...

><SNIP>
>
>Good to hear from you again, sounds like a good time in New York. I
>guess that if I had some time there, I'd be hot on the trail of some
>fine pastrami too! Gads I love a good P on rye, an a P rueben! I have 5
>packer cuts in the freezer now, and I'm looking forward to my next and
>second attempt with homemade P.

Heh,

I didn't mention that the first thing I did when I got into town was
meet up with my employee who had come a day earlier and take him over
to the Carnegie Deli for one of their monsterous Hot Pastrami
Sandwhiches. a full pound of pastrami on rye, washed down with a Dr.
Brown's cream soda and followed by a shared slice of real N.Y.
Cheesecake.

We barely waddled out of there under our own power.

For those who care about the rest of our NON-BBQ culinary adventures,
we also had some great Italian food at Va Tutto:
http://www.vatutto.com/vatutto/html/index.htm# ..

We quaffed some ales at the oldedst bar in town, McSorleys's (great
place, although the clientele has gotten a little yuppified...):

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/n...e-new-york.htm

This, by the way, is in the east village right down the street from
where my Dad's coffeehouse, Les Deux Megots used to be back in the
early 60's....it's where he and my Mom met.

We also had Sushi lunch at a place called Tribeca Hana and a
forgettable lunch at a place who's name I forget...

Finally, I also did some shopping at an upscale store called citarella
and made dinner for my Aunt & Uncle one of my cousins:

Salmon baked with a topping of double-creme Brie served with Garlicky
Snow Peas and fried slieces of Polenta w/Porcinni Mushrooms.

Oh, and for Brunch yesterday with a friend before my flight out, we
ate at a place on 15th called La Metariie where I had a wonderful
savory lamb sausage crepe.

I gotta go digest now....

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com