Mike \Piedmont\

Default So Near and yet So Far...(I could almost SMELL the que from 20,000feet)

Chef Juke wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Been busier than I-don't-know-what lately and haven't posted much, but
> am definitely overdue...
>
> First off, a belated Happy Anniversary to Dave's Pit-Smoked
> Bar-B-Que...here's wishing you many more.
>
> My work sent me on a last-minute trip to New York last week and I
> tried to get to some of the BBQ joints in town, but only made it to
> the same place I visited last time, Bubby's in Brooklyn. It's not
> really a BBQ place, although it serves what they say is real smoked
> BBQ brisket and Pulled Pork sandwiches. Last time I had the pork,
> this time I had the brisket. While it was tender, it was definitely
> missing something. Little or no noticible smoke flavor and all in all
> rather bland. The bartender, Max, however was great and joined me in
> trying a new beer they were selling....HE'BREW "The Chosen Beer"
> Genesis Ale (see http://www.shmaltz.com/ )
>
> After a big long laugh over the label, I decided I needed to try it
> and as Max hadn't tried it yet I offered him some (the beer ended up
> being on the house - Thanks Max) anyway, pretty good stuff.
>
> I hadn't realized until late in the week that Dinosaur Barbecue from
> upstate NY had opened up a New York sattelite restaurant and it was
> only a few blocks from my Uncle's Apt. where I was staying. By the
> time I found out it was 8:30 on Friday Night and when we called the
> wait was at least 2 hours and we decided to pass. Oh well, next time.
>
> On the return flight last night as we neared Seattle the pilot noted
> that out the left side of the plane we could see Wenatchee....I looked
> down and sure enough, the lights of beautiful Wenatchee were laid out
> below us like a little neon sign pointing the way to Dave's. I
> immediately wished I had been able to take a weekend trip up for
> "anniversary weekend" and surprise Dave & Jill, but both finances and
> car trouble made that impossible....but I'm hoping before the snows
> set in that we'll be able to make a trip up.
>
> Anyway, that's my update...haven't smoked anything in about 3 weeks
> and I'm getting anxious...maybe I'll stop by the store and get some
> fixings on the way home tonight and make some smoked sausage...
>

> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

CJ

Good to hear from you again, sounds like a good time in New York. I
guess that if I had some time there, I'd be hot on the trail of some
fine pastrami too! Gads I love a good P on rye, an a P rueben! I have 5
packer cuts in the freezer now, and I'm looking forward to my next and
second attempt with homemade P.

--
Regards, Mike (Piedmont)

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw