Default Zocor - evil, evil, evil

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:06:29 GMT, Dan Abel > wrote:

>So I go see the doctor. I tell him that my blood sugar is too high and
>that maybe I need to get my meds altered. Oh no, We don't up the meds
>until everything else is exhausted.

I'd love to know what kind of kick-back
doctors get from drug companys.

When I moved to AZ and found a new doctor,
he insisted on tests, then; "Your cholesterol is a little high,
so we'll put you on this "lifetime" drug."

( In some drug company, the BINGO-JACKPOT alarm goes off again. )

I respectfully declined. He seemed shocked !

I'd love to see how they arrive at the out-of-range numbers.
Then, I want to see the stats of
exactly how much heart disease the drug actually prevented.

I feel the cholesterol pill is like
the morning vitamin, and the morning prayer.
You never really know if it works.
( sceptical of all things medical since the drug advertising blitz )

.....and...should I ask my doctor if Lumitra is "right for me" ???

<rj>