Paul M. Cook

Default Zocor - evil, evil, evil

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> So I go see the doctor. I tell him that my blood sugar is too high and
> that maybe I need to get my meds altered. Oh no, We don't up the meds
> until everything else is exhausted.
>
> So he goes over the other stuff and it's OK. But then he hits the
> cholesterol. Now, it's a little high, but I though it was OK based on
> what They wanted a year ago. No, they changed the goals. As a
> diabetic, They now want the LDL below 70. Excuse me? At this rate,
> it's going to be a goal of "negative" in a few years.
>
> I'm already maxed out on my statin (Lovastatin), so he wants to switch
> me, but my HMO won't pay, but We Have No Choice. So he sends in the
> prescription for Zocor. I get out my credit card before I pick up the
> prescription, because I only have like US$50.00 in my wallet. It's
> US$15.00, for a 3 month supply. Their math isn't real good, so that's
> 100 tablets. That's certainly higher than the usual US$5.00 for a
> generic, but not exactly a budget breaker.
>
> I take this stuff, and I just get sicker and sicker. But I'm too dense
> to figure out that the reason I'm sick is because I'm taking this stuff.
> This morning I finally realize that I just changed meds, and maybe I
> should check this out. Bingo! From their web site:
>
> upset stomach, gas, heartburn, stomach pain/cramps, loss of appetite,
> nausea
>

> As I'm composing an Email to my doctor, I went to check my medical
> binder, and lo and behold, I had filed the papers from the pharmacy
> there! First side effect: stomach upset!

I had the same effect with Advicor. Since I am now also type II, early
stage, I have very high trigyclerides. Tested at 1080. Yes, 1080. The
Advicor made me feel like my brain was plugged plus I later developed kidney
pain. So now I'm on a new one starting today. They all have really bad
side effects in some people. I'm wondering if the cure is worse than the
disease.

Paul