D.Currie

Default cupcake liners

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm baking a cupcake wedding cake in April for my neice. I'd like to
> find liners with a wedding theme -- preferably not silver or gold.
> Maybe white with wedding bells, or something like that?
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? I've tried googling and
> not been able to find much beyond standard pastels.
>
> Also, does anyone have experience with freezing cupcakes? I think I
> can make and freeze them up to a month ahead (without frosting, of
> course), but I've not ever frozen cake.
>
> Thanks for any tips!
> Michelle

I freeze cupcakes all the time. There's only 2 of us, so a batch can last a
long time, and a whole cake would be stale before we finished it off. I make
the cupcakes and just toss them in the freezer in a bag and take a couple at
a time out when we want something sweet. And we're not eating them for days
on end, that way, too. I've found that frosting them frozen works well.
They're nice and firm, so you aren't squishing them if the frosting is a
little stiff.

Try it with a batch for yourself and see if you like the results.
Personally, I like them when they're thawed, but just a bit chilly. Weird, I
know....