Doug Kanter

Default tasteless apples

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "rmg" > wrote
>
>>I bought some apples on sale - Gala apples - which are rather small and
>>hard
>> with tough skins and a tasteless flesh.

> This is strictly a coincidence, I had nothing to do with the fact
> that we wound up with Gala apples from Whole Foods earlier
> this week. They were to go into the red cabbage recipe. In
> making it I took a bite of the apple, so to speak ... it had a
> very nice texture and flavor. Coming from me, that's a real
> compliment, as I really don't care for apples. I would actually
> go out of my way to eat one of those apples, they were that
> good.
>
> So, either you got a really bad apple or I got a really good one.
>
> nancy

I'm curious: If you go to a supermarket - not a boutique food store, but a
supermarket which targets walkin'-around slobs like everyone:

1) How many apple varieties are available *****NOW*****, not in July or
January, but *****NOW*****, late October.

2) Where are those apples from, if you happen to know?

3) Where are you from? I don't mean your street address. I mean you state
and/or province, and what country.