Boron Elgar

Default Herbal garden

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:56:20 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>Since we are too old to think about gardening anymore (we took down the
>garden fences), we are thinking about something like this for a few
>non-spreading herbs. Someone at the assisted living apartments where f-i-l
>lives built this and I think it is something that we might be able to raise
>a few herbs without dealing with pots. (I really don't like all those
>separate pots.) I would put it near the house on a due south side. It
>would save stooping over for both of us.
>Dee Dee
>
>http://tinypic.com/et9jsm.jpg

It is hard to judge the depth of what is there, but the premise is
fine.

I do not know your climate, but in mine, here in the NE, perennials
are not liable to make it in something so unprotected, even against a
south wall. Still, herb seeds are pretty cheap, especially when you
get them at the previous fall's sales. They last for years.

You might also be able to cobble together something from outdoor
shelving and window boxes. The individual boxes will not have to be
moved unless you want them to be, but the additional height will allow
you to do some vines or trailing plants.

Let us know how it turns out.

Boron
=