Old 20-10-2005, 11:22 PM
rick

Default It's amazing how in a Vegan group someone could hate a Doctor because he's a vegan

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
m...
I see you cowards ignore the fact that he is well published in
peer reviewed medical journals.

=========================
I see that the cowards like you fail to discuss the massive
unnecessary death and suffering caused by his, and your
lifestyles. Why is that hypocrite?

Beach Runner wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

And cares about Animal rights. Are you published in so many
peer reviewed papers. (Yes, there are popular press articles
mixed in.)

I would prefer a doctor that cares about life.

# Barnard ND, Scialli, Turner-McGrievy GM, Lanou AJ.
Acceptability of a very-low-fat, vegan diet compares
favorably to a more moderate low-fat diet in a randomized,
controlled trial. J Cardiopulm Rehab 2004;24:229-35.
# Turner-McGrievy GM, Barnard ND, Scialli AR, Lanou AJ.
Effects of a low-fat, vegan diet and a Step II diet on macro-
and micronutrient intakes in overweight, postmenopausal
women. Nutrition 2004;20:738-46.
# Berkow S, Barnard ND. Blood pressure regulation and
vegetarian diets. Nutr Rev 2004, in press.
# Lanou A, Barnard ND, Berkow S. Calcium, dairy products, and
bone health in children and young adults: A re-evaluation of
the evidence. Pediatrics 2004, in press.
# Jenkins DJA, Kendall CWC, Marchie A, Jenkins AL, Augustin
LSA, Ludwig DS,Barnard ND, Anderson JW. Type 2 diabetes and
the vegetarian diet. Am J Clin Nutr 2003, in press.
# Barnard ND, Scialli AR, Turner-McGrievy G, Lanou AJ.
Acceptability of a low-fat, vegan diet compares favorably to
a Step II diet in a randomized, controlled trial. (Abstract)
Diabetes 2003; American Diabetes Association 63rd Scientific
Sessions Abstract Book, in press.
# Barnard ND. Toxicity testing in the development of
anticancer drugs. Lancet Oncol 2002;3:4401.
# Keller JL, Lanou AJ, Barnard ND. The consumer cost of
calcium from food and supplements. J Am Dietetic Asso
2002;102:166971.
# Barnard ND, Scialli AR, Bobela S. The current use of
estrogens for growth-suppressant therapy in adolescent girls.
J Ped Adol Gynecol 2002;15:236.
# Barnard ND, Scialli AR, Hurlock D, Bertron P. Diet and
sex-hormone binding globulin, dysmenorrhea, and premenstrual
symptoms. Obstet Gynecol 2000;95:245-50.
# Barnard ND, Scialli AR, Bertron P, Hurlock D, Edmonds K,
Talev L. Effectiveness of a low-fat, vegetarian diet in
altering serum lipids in healthy premenopausal women. Am J
Cardiol 2000;85:969-72.
# Bertron P, Barnard ND, Mills M. Racial bias in federal
nutrition policy, part II: weak guidelines take a
disproportionate toll. J Natl Med Assoc 1999; 91: 20108.
# Barnard ND. Study design of an investigation of lactose
maldigestion. Am J Clin Nutr 1999, 69: 128792.
# Nicholson AS, Sklar M, Barnard ND, Gore S, Sullivan R,
Browning S. Toward improved management of NIDDM: a
randomized, controlled, pilot intervention using a low-fat,
vegetarian diet. Prev Med 1999;29:8791.
# Bertron P, Barnard ND, Mills M. Racial bias in federal
nutrition policy, part I: the public health implications of
variations in lactase persistence. J Natl Med Assoc
1999;91:151157.
# Barnard ND, Kaufman SR. Animal research is wasteful and
misleading. Sci Am 1997;276:646.
# Ou****er JL, Nicholson A, Barnard ND. Dairy products and
breast cancer: the IGF-I, estrogen, and bGH hypothesis. Med
Hypoth 1997;48:45361.
# Haapapuro ER, Barnard ND, Simon M. Animal waste used as
livestock feed: dangers to human health. Prev Med
1997;26:599602.
# Barnard ND, Nicholson A. Beliefs about dietary factors in
breast cancer prevention among American women, 1991 to 1995.
Prev Med 1997;26:10913.
# Wolfe M, Barnard ND, McCaffrey SM. Animal laboratory
exercises in medical school curricula. ATLA 1996;24, 9536.
# Barnard ND, Akhtar A, Nicholson A. Factors that facilitate
compliance to lower fat intake. Arch Fam Med 1995;4:1538.
# Barnard ND, Nicholson A, Howard JL. The medical costs
attributable to meat consumption. Prev Med 1995;24:64655.
# Barnard ND. Human experiments: redrawing ethical
boundaries. Appl Clin Trials 1994;3:346.
# Butrum R, Barnard ND, Campbell TC, et al. Diet, nutrition
and cancer in health care reform: a position paper of the
American Institute for Cancer Research. American Institute
for Cancer Research, Washington, DC, August 1994.

I notice that none of the bigots that say Bernard has no
qualifications in the field ignore this list of peer reviewed
articles.

Yes, he's a believer in Animal Rights. I'm more concerned
about a Vice President that shoots caged birds than a doctor,
with an adjunct Medical Teaching Position, that cares about
life. There is real research in professional journals.

I don't agree with everything he stands for but we sure need
the research.

Do be published in a peer reviewed journal demonstrates
competence in the field. You can attack the association but
not his peer reviewed journal articles. I have mixed feelings
about animal testing. Much of it is abusive, but I personally
think there is value, but many centers treat animals with
abuse. This has been demonstrated repeated.

I also strongly object to much of Peta's tactics.

I disagree strongly with any stands supporting violence. But
don't you want to know about the research on meat on the
digestive tract, milk and
osteoporosis, meat and cancer and similar research? There is
no doubt meat has no fiber.

I'm a part time musician and play every year for the American
Heart Association Dinner. They serve roast beef and cheese
cake, and look at me as bizarre for requesting vegetarian
alternatives.

This is a Vegan News group. It attracts sick trolls that want
to attack those that choose a life style. I guess I would
like to improve my kill file in netscape. I seek advise.

Yes, eating a healthier meat diet and exercise would improve
health compared to typical amounts. Exercise is paramount
regardless of diet. No arguments. I want aggressive research.
He's doing it.
If you want to argue his findings do so. His peers are best
equipped to do so. His articles must pass peer reviews for
publication. Most are on nutrition.

I will not be chased away from a Vegan news group. If there
is a legitimate discussion, against my position I welcome it.
I will attempt to ignore personal attacks.

I happen to choose a physician with a graduate nutritionist
degree and an MD and he was appalled by the lack of nutrition
in medical school.

We also know phytochemicals are essential, yet how many
doctors are recommending them?