Karen

Default Pumpkin custard ?

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>I want to make a pumpkin pie without the crust -- a pumpkin custard, I
> guess. Must it be baked? In a pie plate? If not baked, what?
> Anything I should be alert about or not do?
>
> I await (most of) your counsel and advise.
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.

I'm a diabetic, and I've made many pumpkin pies without the
carbohydrate-laden crust. I just spritz a pie pan with nonstick spray, and
bake as the recipe directs. Cool and slice as you would a regular pie - the
slices will lift easily from the pie pan.

This method also works beautifully for crustless quiche dishes, too.

Karen