Barnacle Bill

Default Olive Oil

On 2005-10-19, Scented Nectar > wrote:
> "Barnacle Bill" > wrote in message
>> On 2005-10-19, Richard Miller > wrote:
>> > Is there any differance in frying your potatoes in 1 oz of olive oil and
>> > putting 1 oz in your salad?

>> Yup. In the one case, you have a dish of fried potatoes. In
>> the other you have a salad. Is this a trick question?

> I'll take one of each with a tall
> glass of carrot juice please!
>
> Seriously though, some people
> will probably say that the raw oil
> in the salad is more healthy than
> the cooked potatoes oil.

How bout if you don't FRY the potatoes in the oil, but put
them on a shallow pan, (liberally) drizzle the oil over them,
add salt, pepper, and the herbs of your choice, then do them
in the oven?

People!!! Please spend less time worrying about what's bad in
the food you eat, and more actually ENJOYING what you eat.
Have a glass of Aussie Shiraz or California semillon and yuk
it up! We're ALL going to die. Remember, if you extend your
life by ten years, that's ten years of being OLD.

Barnacle Bill