Old 16-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Vox Humana

Default Pumpkin Pie - not custard or puree

"Clay Harryman" wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife travelled to Australia a couple years ago and was treated to a
pumpkin pie on American Thanksgiving. This pie, however, was not a
traditional custard, but more like an apple pie. It had chunks of
pumpkin in it. We have tried modifying apple pie recipes but cannot
find the right mix.

Does anyone out there have a recipe for a pumpkin pie of this type?

Are using raw pumpkin or cooked? It seems that when I bake pumpkins to make
puree, a lot of water is exuded - same with any squash. I would think that
putting chunks of raw pumpkin into a crust would result in a very wet and
messy pie.