Default Coffee maker/brewer

In >, on 10/15/05
at 10:38 AM, "Dee Randall" > said:

>"notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2005-10-14, <RJ> > wrote:
>>
>>> There's something about a cone filter that makes a better pot of coffee.
>>> Maybe it directs more of the water through the grounds.

>> No. In fact, the paper cone filter absorbs some of the aroma and
>> flavor components of coffee. Try a French press for the best brew.
>>
>> nb

>Bob, how did you get started using a French press. Coffee coming out of
>it tastes like drinking either Turkish coffee or the coffee we made on
>the farm where we threw a handfull of coffee into a boiling pot of water
>and let it sink to the bottom --
>When did you start liking the French press.
>Dee Dee

If it tastes like that, then it has to do with the amount of ground coffee
you are suing and the grind of the coffee. Coffee for a French Press
should be coarsely ground (like for perc coffee).

Then try 1TBS ground coffee per six oz of water and adjust from there. If
it is too weak go to one per four oz, too strong then 1 to eight oz.

There are differing standards. My latest FP says a 1 to four ratio. I've
others that say 2 T per six. This happens because of differing values on
what a cup is. We use eight OZ, but a coffee cup in some places is set at
six oz and so o.

Enjoy,

jim