Dee Randall

Default Coffee maker/brewer

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall wrote:
>

>> Does a gold filter last -- I've used one when I've been out of filters.
>> Then I wonder if I will taste something metallic. They look to me as if
>> they
>> might even "peel." I know they are not made of GOLD. What is it, I
>> wonder.
>> Thanks.

> I bought one at least 10 years ago and it is on it's third machine and
> still
> going strong. It leaves no metallic taste. After a batch of coffee I just
> tap it
> upside down into the compost pail and most of the grounds fall out. Then I
> hold
> it upside down and spray up into it to get the rest of the grounds out and
> it is
> ready to use again. In all the time I have had it I have never had to
> worry
> about running out of filters or having a filter flop over in the cone.

One exception, I think I'd have to wash it with soap each time or two of use
because of the oily leavin's. I can wash my plastic basket with plain water
a couple of times, but after that I can start tasting the nasty oil of the
old coffee. Perhaps this oily residue rinses off gold better than
plastic -- hmmm.
Dee Dee