Dave Smith

Default Coffee maker/brewer

Dee Randall wrote:

> I'll have to agree with you. I'm in between coffee pots, so DH bought one
> at Overstock or some sorta place because our Krups after 15 or so years
> failed. Actually the coffee in this el cheapo is not that bad! So I'm in no
> hurry, but I know it won't last.

What is there not to last? They are all made in the third world, all primarily
automated assembly lines with cheap labour. The more expensive come with timers
and pressure sensitive switches that serve more to shorten their live than
anything really important. Heck, who really needs a timer on a drop coffee
maker. If you are really pressed for time in the morning you can prepare a pot
ahead of time and set the timer (which will fail if their is a power outage).
But you is so pressed for time that they can't flip a switch and get their
coffee a few minutes later? I have been through a number of drip coffee
machines over the years, and the "good" makers didn't last any longer than the
cheap units. It just cost a heck of a lot more to replace them.