Dave Smith

Default Coffee maker/brewer

C & S wrote:

> I am looking to buy a quality coffee maker and would greatly appreciate the
> opinion of this group regarding the brand they judge to make a decent cup of
> coffee. I've had a Black & Decker, a Mr. Coffee and a Phillips (soon to be
> buried). I've looked into the Bunn NHB Professional Home Brewer, which has
> have a four and 1/4 star review on Amazon. However, before I make the
> splurge, I would appreciate your opinion. What brand do you own and would
> you recommend it? Thank you for your imput.

I use a cheap Moulinex that was under $15. It is just the basic body with
heating element for the water and hot plate. It makes coffee pretty much the
same as any other coffee maker I have had in the past. AFAIC, the important
factor is the coffee and the grind, because all coffee maker does is heat up the
water and send it up to the basket where it wets the beans and drips into the
pot. I know several people who have various types of much more expensive
machines who make coffee that is pretty bad in comparison to mine, but they use
cheap coffee and make it too weak.