C & S

Default Coffee maker/brewer

"L, not -L" > wrote in message

> Perhaps a little more info would help; are you a coffee "fanatic" or just
> want a coffeemaker that doesn't die in a few months? The reason I ask is,
> if you are not a fanatic - don't grind beans at home and obsess over Kona
> vs. Peaberry vs. whatever - the answers will be very different.

Thank you for pointing out the need for clarification. I consider myself a
"middle of the road" coffee drinker. I grind my own beans but am not obsess
over types of beans or methods of roasting (we do have a close friend who
roasts his own beans, amazing coffee). I want a reliable electrical
appliance that's going to brew a decent cup of coffee.

> If you just want a good cup or Maxwell House or Folgers or whatever, then

suggesting you
> get a vacuum brewer or french press is probably not productive. If you

are
> a "fanatic", I suggest you ask your question on alt.food.coffee and
> rec.food.drink.coffee where other fanatics can guide you. If you just

want
> a Mr. Coffee type that works without all the marketing hype, you might

also
> want to ask in rec.food.equipment

Thank you for pointing out the specialty ng. I wasn't aware of such groups.
Having posted on this ng requesting recommendations for a stand mixer, and
having rec'd such amazing and valuable comments from numerous members, I
thought I would seek the expertise of this group once again.

> Personally, I gave up on Mr. Coffee and equivalent brewers and went with a
> stove-top vacuum pot (Bodum Santos) when I want an 8-cup pot and a french
> press (Starbucks, made by Bodum) when I want a 4-cup pot. IMHO, I get a

much
> better tasting cup of coffee, from the same Eight O'Clock brand 100%
> Columbian beans. However, these pots require a tiny bit more fussing

around
> then Mr Coffee type brewers and some folks may already be over-challenged
> just stumbling to the kitchen of a morning<smile>.

I'm looking for a quality electrical drip coffee maker that makes a decent
coffee pot and that will last longer than the three others I have mentioned.
I guess that would make it a middle of the road appliance. I have a french
press and find it inefficient in the morning rush hour (it's our camping
coffee maker ;o).

Thank you again for pointing out the need to clarify.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)