Anders Tørneskog

"John Taverner" > skrev i melding
k...
> Solihull Fine Wine Society October tasting.
>

> Mainzer St Alban Kabinett, 1977, Pieroth!!!!
> Brown, maderised to hell, so lacking in residual alcohol, we thought it
> had to be Germanic, I suggested Falkland Islands Tete de Cuvee.

Pieroth? Are they still in business...? Yes, they seem to be, for some
reason... Certainly not the wines.

> Berncastler Schlosberg Spatlese 1988
> Green tinged viscous, with a complex smokey nose, yet soft with some
> sweetness, long. I hadn'y a clue, only one taster mentioned Riesling!!!

The Schlossberg is singularly undistinguished... I can't remember anything
else than very ordinary wine from that location, and 17 years of hot (?)
storage doesn't help it much, I'm afraid :-)
Anders