Doug Weller

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:26:06 -0600, in rec.food.cooking, Arri London
wrote:

>Stu wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been following the recipe on the back of the Bird's custard
>> label but i don't know why my custard always comes out runny ( Its
>> not thick like custard should be. I've been told that Bird's custard is
>> one of the best so why isn't it working for me?
>>
>> Can someone write me EXACT steps how to make simple custard using
>> Bird's custard power (no eggs)? I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>> Note: i'm using 2% milk...not whole milk. Will this make a difference?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stu

>Bird's custard, made according to package directions, will be fluid
>(it's meant for pouring). It won't set solid like a baked custard.
>Perhaps you aren't cooking the custard mix long enough to thicken
>properly.

Funny, I hadn't thought of that when I read the first post -- Stu, what
are you expecting? Something to pour over apple pie, or something to put
in a pastry case like an egg custard?

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com