captain ahab

Joe wrote:

STOP TOP-POSTING, you ****ant.

> It's quite a bad situation. With all the info so readily available on
> eating healthy, it's a tragic shame so many amongst us choose to be
> animal-fat guzzling baboons [ no disrespect to the primates], and
> teach their kids to opt for chemically enhanced tastes of foods rather
> than vegetarian richness.

"Enhancing" the flavor of foods is not unique to humans or to this
generation.

Nishida [1991] provides an impressive listing of the differences
in feeding behavior of chimpanzees, baboons, and monkeys. Of
possible interest to raw-fooders is his description of the
macaques of Koshima Island, Japan dipping food into seawater for
seasoning (some raw-food advocates stridently condemn the
practice of seasoning foods). Of course, that non-human primates
display cultural food preferences suggests human cultural food
preferences are an extension of that feature.
http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/...-anat-3c.shtml

> Well, as much as I can I hint off-handedly
> with nutritional blah-blah to my acquaintances

Why would you do that to others? Seriously, do you think your
acquaintance (note you don't call them friends) give a rat's ass for
your misinformation and the eating disorder you've acquired from it? Why
would you begrudge them the ENJOYMENT of their food?

> one doesn't need meat in their diet at all;

So what. You also don't "need" fruit or vegetables. Or grains. Or
legumes. There's a lot you can get by without for a very long time.

> and in some cases it works!

Works how -- in alienating people from going beyond the "acquaintance"
stage with you?

> I'll now add they
> should opt for organic honey over non-organic sugars, and buttress up
> the bee population/industry, as well as encourage vigorous vigilence
> on their survival-hopefully.

Thus ensuring you'll ever have friends by demonstrating your peculiar
and bizzarre contempt and disrespect for what others choose to consume.
People don't want lectures from blithering dipshits like you. They want
to enjoy themselves. Leave them be.