Old 07-10-2005, 04:57 AM
meadhbh

You can also try

www.worldspice.com

they carry a number of hard to find spices and herbs.

Maddie
wrote in message
oups.com...
Not anything in particular. Just a range of things that might be
particularly useful to someone who toys with historical recipes (he's
especially big on the medieval stuff). My dad is quite resourceful but
doesn't live in a place with a lot of gourmet cooking stores. I know
once he was complaining to me about being unable to get long
peppercorns, for example, whatever those are. Forgive my ignorance as I
am not much of a cook... but I was just wondering if there are one or
two good, reliable mail order/online ordering sources that cater a
little to historic cooking.