jillie

Glitter Ninja wrote:
> My mother recently passed away and I inherited all her kitchen
> goodies. People keep telling me no matter how old I get, I'll never get
> over missing mom's cooking, and that's the truth. I miss her catfish
> something terrible.
> Something I've noticed, though, is that mom and I both had several
> casserole dishes. Now I've got an entire cabinet stuffed full of
> casseroles and I can't give them up! My husband asks me just when I'll
> ever need 20 casseroles all at once. I tell him, "THBPT."
> Mom also had at least 150 different casserole recipes in her box of
> loose recipes, and hundreds more in her cookbooks. Combined I bet I
> have 1,000 recipes for casseroles, although most probably contain
> Velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, and/or "one bag frozen broccoli".
> I love casseroles.
>
> Stacia

I have been collecting casserole dishes for several years. Especially
the covered ones. I use them as serving dishes, they keep the food hot
and look pretty with my white pottery. Our Thanksgiving table looks
delightful with all the different colored and shaped casserole dishes.
I'm sure you will enjoy using yours.

jillie
Roseville, CA