In >, on 10/05/05
at 02:34 AM, "rmg" > said:

>I did find one good place, the Red Rock Brewing Company. Good weak beer
>and excellent pizza and onion rings, and their coleslaw and salads were
>good and green.

I used to live in the Salt Lake City/Orem-Provo area and was a regular
visitor to this place during those years. Salt Lake Roasting Company
(coffee roaster) used to have some decent eats. The Golden Braid
Bookstore/Coffee House also had some.

Up at the corner of Ninth & Ninth, there were a few good places too.

>RE COOKING: I also tried chicken fried steak for the very first time
>while in SLC. A battered slab of chopped beef with white biscuit gravy
>all over it. What's good about chicken fried steak? And if you think
>there is something good about it and have made it, could you post a
>recipe? Thanks.

Chicken fried steak comes in a lot of variations. The batter can be made
with flour-egg-four or with milk or beer, cornflakes, panko . . .