rmg

Default Salt Lake City Gut Bombs for the Soul

I just spent 7 days in Salt Lake City in a hotel right next to the Temple.
Pretty country, nice people.

It was not easy to grab good cheap food there though, probalby because we
were downtown. The restaurant attached to our hotel served what seemed like
truck stop food - although I'm picky being from the San Francisco Bay Area.
By day 3 I was having biscuits and gravy for breakfast and I was always
really happy to see watermelon on their buffet. Salads were iceberg lettuce
and sugary dressing.

I did find one good place, the Red Rock Brewing Company. Good weak beer and
excellent pizza and onion rings, and their coleslaw and salads were good and
green.

All in all though I came home feeling overfed and malnourished.

RE COOKING: I also tried chicken fried steak for the very first time while
in SLC. A battered slab of chopped beef with white biscuit gravy all over
it. What's good about chicken fried steak? And if you think there is
something good about it and have made it, could you post a recipe? Thanks.

cheers, Rox