Steve

Richard Miller wrote:
> For every vegan there are at least 10 people who know they should be a
> vegan. I'm one of these poor saps. I figure I just won't buy anything from
> the supermarket that contains meat products. So I can be a vegan at home.
> The only problem is when I'm out, burger king, taco bell, (not McDonald's),
> and other fast food get the best of me. Then I go to dear old mom's house
> every other day for that good old fashion meat dinner. I'm weak, any
> subjections besides sticking my head in the toilet.

We've all been there. Even if you can't be 100% vegan you make a
positive contribution by consuming animal products.

When you are ready you can pack lunches, keep snacks where you work, and
learn to make tasty meals that will make you forget the fast food
restaurants.

There are all also books and web sites that give tips on how to deal
with relatives.

Volunteering for local vegetarian or AR groups can help too. You can
make friends and get peer support in a positive direction.

In the meantime take things at your pace, eat what you want to eat, and
don't worry about labels.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/