Alex Rast

Default Request - Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

at Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:34:43 GMT in <DDlob.229262$9l5.33705@pd7tw2no>,
wrote :

>Anybody have a really good recipe for chocolate chip cookies that retain a
>soft texture after baking?
>Thanks

Look on DejaNews for the recipe I posted a while back : 'Recipe: Big, Soft,
all-butter chocolate chip cookies". I've tested and perfected it.

In general, to achieve a softer texture, the key is to use a higher
proportion of eggs. A lot of people use shortening or margarine, which will
certainly soften the texture, but as I've said, this is an unnecessary
compromise. I think people end up resorting to shortening because they give
up on trying to tinker with ratios, which takes time and many tests,
especially when shortening yields the desired texture results in virtually
foolproof manner.

--
Alex Rast