kilikini

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:

suggestions

> > please.

> > found

casserole?

> >>Most of the dishes I make with skinless chicken breasts involve
> >>pre-cooking by either pan frying until golden brown or grilling. Thin
> >>sliced is nice used in wraps and thicker sliced on top of Caesar salad.
> >> Quite often I will make them quite similar to how Peter mentioned
> >>except I don't flatten them and I add sauteed mushrooms to the gravy. A
> >>quick tip if you want to enjoy a wrap or salad but don't feel like
> >>cooking - prepare 2 or three of the chicen breasts as desired, cool,
> >>then freeze in a ziploc bag. Use as needed.
> >>
> >>We like the chicken breast done in a mushroom sauce and served with rice
> >>or broad egg noodles. I just lightly brown the chicken breasts and
> >>deglaze the pan. Then I saute mushrooms and return the chicken breasts
> >>to the pan. I pour a can of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 can of milk
> >>over the chicken and mushrooms. This is then simmered until the sauce
> >>is thick.

> > If you add some sherry to the sauce it gives it a much richer flavor.

My
> > family has been making it that way for years; we call it Chicken Noel,

but I
> > have no idea why.
> >
> > kili
> >

> It is good that way isn't it! I use a dry sherry and save the cream
> sherry for drinking A little white wine instead of sherry is good in
> the sauce too.

I'm so glad someone else eats it this way, too! I usually add about 1/4 of
a cup of sherry. You can taste the sherry, but it's not overpowering. I've
grown up eating this dish this way and now if I go to someone's house and
they make this sans sherry, something is definitely missing.

kili