Peter Aitken

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>I have too many skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. Any suggestions
> for recipes - for one person, simple, usually on-hand ingredients please.
> No, I've not looked on the net, I've tried too many using recipes I found
> there that I hated. I prefer recipes others have made and liked. Of
> course, that doesn't always work either; tastes vary. Maybe a casserole?
> I don't mind re-heatable leftovers.
>
> TIA
> --

Pound the breast with a wine bottle or can of soup to even out the
thickness. Pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle with S&P. Saute in 1 TB
butter in a nonstick pan until lightly browned on one side, the turn. Place
a thin slice of ham and some sliced or grated cheese on the top. Cover and
cook just until done. If you overcook it will be dry. Until you get the hand
of it, make a small slit in the meat and look. You want to cook just until
the pinkness is gone, not a moment longer. Remove to a plate. Add 1/4c dry
white wine of chicken stock to the pan and scrape up the goodies. Use as
gravy.

--
Peter Aitken