Brian Macke

Default Rum and Whiskey

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:10:46 -0600, John Gaughan wrote:

> Mark Shaw wrote:
>> Bourbon, blech! If you want good whisky, drink scotch....

> Last time I drank scotch I got stupid drunk and almost fell off a
> balcony. I wound up puking my guts out for hours and hours. Ever since I
> cannot even stand the smell of scotch.

Both of these sentiments baffle me. Bourbon and Scotch are both whiskeys.
They, along with Canadian, Tennessee, Irish, and Japanese are effectively
the same product... just comes down to technical differences.

Personally I'm a fan of all whiskeys. I'm drinking Scotch right now, but I
had Bourbon last night. I have a great bottle of Japanese whiskey that I
picked up on my last trip and it's a very respectable drink.

People that get sick off of any variety of whiskey make me worry. I'd hate
to cut out any whiskey from my liquor cabinet. Drink them all and enjoy!

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which