zxcvbob

Dwayne wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who replied. I went through all the jelly we did and
> found 4 more, for a total of 6 that didn't seal. We will just find a place
> in the refrigerator for them.
>
> Dwayne
>
> "Dwayne" > wrote in message
>
>>We made grape jelly 2 weeks ago and the jars didn't seal. The wife's
>>method is to turn the jars over for 5 minutes after putting the caps and
>>lids on, and then setting them upright. This year they didn't "ping".
>>Will the jelly be OK since they haven't been opened, or can we HWB them
>>now? If we HWB, do we have to replace the lids or will these work since
>>they are still pretty new? Thanks. Dwayne

I'm showing up late to this party, but I'd dump all the jars back into a
big saucepan and bring the jelly to a boil. Meanwhile, put the lids in
a little pan of simmering water to clean and rejuvinate the rubber seals
-- I'm a cheapskate, OK? Pour the hot jelly back into the jars, leaving
1/4" headspace, put the lids back on, and process for 10 minutes (10
instead of 5 because I didn't wash and sterilize the jars because they
still had jelly stuck to them and I didn't want to waste it)

Best regards,
Bob