kilikini

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > Jill wrote:
> >
> >> Okay, I can't find honeycomb tripe (nor any tripe) to make this from
> >> scratch.

> > Can't help you with that: When I worked at a grocery store (Publix) in
> > Florida, the meat department always carried tripe. Here in Northern
> > California, tripe is also available in supermarkets. There must be
> > some local prejudice against it, or the markets would carry it, right?
> >

> They carry hog jowls, buckets of chitterlings (chitlins); stuff like that.
> No tripe. Tripe is not a common item for southern cooking.

I can find tripe in any supermarket here in cesspool Florida, but then again
we have a HUGE Mexican, Cuban and Puerto Rican population, so I guess that's
to be expected. I can even find tripe at WalMart. (I don't know if it's
the specific kind you're looking for, though. - I wouldn't touch tripe with
my least favorite spatula.)

kili