zxcvbob

jmcquown wrote:
> Okay, I can't find honeycomb tripe (nor any tripe) to make this from
> scratch.
>
> Please don't tell me to drive 30 miles to a Mexican market to look for tripe
> because even before gas price hikes I wouldn't drive 30 miles just to pick
> up one item. I've actually been enjoying canned menudo. I love spicy food
> and I love soup. I'm wondering whether it's "kosher" (ha! how we do
> integrate some phrases into our speech) to grate some Asiago or Oaxaca
> cheese on top of this soup. Would it be considered heresy? (Come to think
> of it, would I care if it's heresy?) But do any of you menudo lovers add
> cheese?
>
> Jill

I had some canned pazole for the first time Sunday. I think that's the
same thing as menudo without the tripe. I added some chili powder and a
bunch of black pepper to it when I heated it up because it wasn't quite
spicy enough.

I wouldn't add cheese. I would eat cheese as an *accompaniment*, along
with the warm tortillas.

Someone else mentioned adding shredded cabbage and jalapenos. I like
that idea.

Bob