Duckie ®

Default American Goulash

American Goulash

submitted by and thanks to Greg Easton

I stumbled onto this recipe while having fun with my mother's old
recipe for what she called 'goulash' but it's closer to American Chop
Suey, so I'm gonna call it "American Goulash"

1 lb box large shell pasta

1 1/2 to 2 lb beef, cubed

1 28 oz can peeled tomatoes

1 large yellow onion, sliced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup sour cream

1/8 cup flour

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp oregano

Salt, pepper, to taste

Vegetable oil

Heat large skillet or electric frying pan to medium heat. Add just
enough oil so that the beef won't stick. Add cubed beef and onions.
Cook until onions turn translucent. The beef should not be cooked
through at this point.

Add the tomatoes, oregano, garlic and thyme and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in flour and sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and
set to simmer for as long as you can (I usually leave it for a couple
of hours, stirring occasionally).

Cook pasta according to box instructions. Combine pasta in with the
other ingredients before serving.

Easily serves 4.