Andy

Mary wrote:

> I picked up a bundt pan several months ago when for some reason the
> price tempoprarily dropped to within reason (less than $4!). It works
> very well. You have to grease it thoroughly before using it, and the
> cake is a wee bit shorter than when in a traditional bundt pan. And
> it's a pan to be hand washed and not put into a dishwasher. On the
> definite up side is that the cake slides out of the pan beautifully!
> (I have NEVER had any luck with a traditional bundt pan, and finally
> planted some petunias in mine and put it on the back porch.)

Here's a trick that came with a lemonaide bundt cake recipe. Soak a
kitchen towel with cold water in the sink and when finished cooking seat
the bundt pan on the towel. After a few seconds of "shock?" it will
release the cake. Low tech from long ago.

I have the 8x8 pan for cornbread and small casseroles and some silicon
basting brushes.

One major goof on my part was forgetting that the silicon gets every bit
as hot as any other oven bakeware does. OUCH!

Andy