Mary

<RJ> wrote:
> I keep pausing at the silicone baking pans display in WalMart.
>
> Muffin pans, bundt pans, etc....red and blue.
>
> Flash in the pan ? or serious cookware ?
>
> It looks like the only prob would be its flexibility.
>
> Has anyone experimented with this product ?
> ( I need reasons to go buy the stuff )
>
> <rj>

I picked up a bundt pan several months ago when for some reason the
price tempoprarily dropped to within reason (less than $4!). It works
very well. You have to grease it thoroughly before using it, and the
cake is a wee bit shorter than when in a traditional bundt pan. And
it's a pan to be hand washed and not put into a dishwasher. On the
definite up side is that the cake slides out of the pan beautifully!
(I have NEVER had any luck with a traditional bundt pan, and finally
planted some petunias in mine and put it on the back porch.) I don't
plan to purchase any more of this bakeware since I have everything else
they sell in the traditional bakeware, have very good success with the
traditional stuff (which is paid for), and the silicone pans are
terribly expensive. But I'm glad some idiot in the grocery store
dropped the price on the bundt pans for a week!