Derek

On 24 Sep 2005 05:53:27 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>Derek wrote:

>> >Not according to the definitions you gave.

>> Yes, according to the definition I gave.

That's settled then.

>> >The slaughtering
>> >of animals is not always absolutely necessary for the
>> >production of farmed meat.

>> Yes, it is. You don't get meat from farmed animals
>> without first slaughtering those farmed animals.

>But theoretically you could do.

No, you cannot source meat from farmed animals
without first slaughtering those farmed animals.
How many times must I repeat this until it finally
sinks in?

>Therefore the killing
>is not an *absolutely* necessary part of meat production.

It is if you source your meat from farmed animals
because they are always slaughtered intentionally.
Meat sourced from animals that have died from
natural causes or from road kill isn't supplied by
livestock farming.

>> >It is you who is making the mistake

>> No, unfortunately for you, it is you who is making
>> the mistake, and it's because of this mistake that
>> you'll never get to understand the distinction.

I'm glad to see that you finally agree, though tacitly.

>> >You obviously don't.

>> I obviously do.

If you understood the terms you would not be
making the same mistake.

>> Thank you.

>What for? I forgot to respond

One lack of a response might be seen as forgetful,
but two in a row, especially after being told that
you had failed to respond the first time is a tacit
admission.