sf

Default Rum and Whiskey

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:31:50 -0600, John Gaughan
> wrote:

> About a month or two ago there was a thread about rum, and several
> people recommended Appleton as one of the best rums. Today I picked up a
> bottle and I definitely agree -- this is the best rum I've ever had. It
> definitely has a taste above the more common rums like Bacardi. I wonder
> what other rum is out there that my liquor store does not stock...
>
> Since misery loves company, I also picked up a bottle of George Dickel
> #12 whiskey. The woman who handles the ordering said people prefer it
> over #6 because it is smoother, and I must say it is smooth. It reminds
> me of Wild Turkey, but less vile. Now I've tried several different
> whiskeys, and Jack Daniels is still at the top of my list. Dickel is
> good, though, so thank you to whomever recommended it.

Thank you for being a human guniea pig. I certainly
appreaciate your sacrifice, because I'm a cheapskate and I'd
rather let others do my footwork when it involves money.

However, please don't let this revelation stop you from
further testing... there are more rums & whiskeys out there
that need to be tasted and it sounds like you're the man!
Stay the course and keep us posted.

sf
<who isn't joking>