Frogleg

Default nutmeg?

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:21:58 -0500, Mr. C
> wrote:

>"Kevin and Katie" > wrote:
>
>> The other day my fiancee and I were going through her grandmother's spice
>>rack and we found some whole nutmeg. It is about 30 years old. Do you guys
>>think it is still good??? Still smells like nutmeg.

>Toss it.

Nonsense. If it "smells like nutmeg" whole, and hasn't become moldy or
shrivled, there's no reason it won't be perfectly usable when grated.
As I've mentioned before, I keep trying to toss a quarter-century-old
box of cloves, but since they are still fragrant, I keep them for my
infrequent uses of whole cloves.