Derek

On 23 Sep 2005 08:18:55 -0700, "Sleepyhead" > wrote:

>Hmm. Well if those posts are anything to go by it seems I've misjudged
>you ... serves me right for butting-in I guess!
>
>So basically what you're saying is that at the very least Dutch is
>confused, at worst he's deliberately adopting stances to suit his
>audience. Well can't say I disapprove terribly - I'm a bugger for
>changing my mind too - but I can see why you'd get fed-up conversing
>with someone like that if you were after a long-running and detailed
>set of arguments about animal-rights et al.

Exactly, Simon. That's my only gripe. If he at last rests
on one side of the debate instead of changing it when
asked to explain his current position, I wouldn't mind
at all, but as things stand I can never get him to commit,
and all the while while this goes on he attacks the arguer
promoting that which he can't commit to, and that's very
frustrating after five years if in fact you're genuine about
that proposition and would like to argue it honestly.