Alex Rast

at Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:29:40 GMT in <EJfXe.219251$Hk.2333@pd7tw1no>,
(graham) wrote :

>"Vox Humana" > wrote in message
>news
>>
>> "graham" > wrote in message

>>> I reduced the sugar by 40g and substituted 40g of maple syrup
>>> instead. After rolling out and brushing with butter, I sprinkled 115g
>>> of coarse maple sugar and 100g chopped walnuts over the dough and
>>> rolled as instructed....

>> You might consider using some maple flavoring in the dough.... The
>> flavoring would allow you to greatly increase the maple flavor...
>>

>I was using #1 grade Canadian maple syrup. I'm not keen on using any
>artificial flavours but the total replacement of the sugar with syrup
>may be sufficient...

You might also want to try using Shady Maple Farms' Clearly Maple which is
a super-thick (pure) maple syrup. It's got a thickness similar to thick
honey, so that you spoon it out of the jar unless you want to wait a while.
I found the difference in maple flavour it imparted when added to hot
cereal (e.g. Red River or, for that matter, porridge) made that critical
jump from slightly too weak to just right, so that you could really taste
the maple as opposed to it being a very subtle hint. I suspect that this
will get you where you want to go.

--
Alex Rast