Vox Humana

"Jumping Jack Flash" > wrote in message
. ..
> >>I am involved in the start-up of a restaurant in the Dayton-Cininnati,
> >>Ohio
> >>area.

> > If you are a professional associated with a start up....you must
> > already know the answers to these questions.
> >

> > If you don't.....get out of the restaurant business...right now! YOU
> > are about to loose your shirt, pants and jock strap in one swoop!

> Bravo!!! Couldn't have said it better. I am in the Restaurant Equipment
> business, and I can spot a potential failure within 5 minutes of an

initial
> meeting. The common thread is that they don't know what they're getting
> into.

Maybe you can explain something. I see lots of tiny Asian restaurants that
pop-up here and there in my area. The people who work there seem to be new
to this county based on their command of the language. Their restaurants
seem to survive while others, even big chains, come and go. Are these
people experience restaurant operators in their native land, and then move
here with a complete set of skill and good capitalization? Is there
something in the culture that makes them successful? What surprises me also
is that I live in an area that is on the fringe of Appalachia, not an area
that has a reputation for being curious or even accepting of other cultures.
I'm a bit surprised that there is a demand for Asian food, yet there is an
Asian buffet in every strip center.