jacqui{JB}

"Dale" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Well, I've tried the recipe now and everyone
> agreed that it was the worst thing I've ever cooked.
> Briefly the idea is to make a kind of porridge with 2
> pounds of fresh stinging nettle in 4 quarts of water,
> thickened with flour and ground walnuts. It's served
> in a dish with a fried egg on top.

Sounds really interesting.

> But the main problem was that it had an extremely
> strong flavor.

If you're still game in the spring, when the nettles come up, gather some
fresh, young nettles and give it another go. Nettles are mild enough to eat
very lightly steamed at that time of year, and your dish sounds like it
would make a great, light spring supper.

Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment.
-j