Old 11-09-2005, 09:56 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Don Gray wrote:

In message Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Limey wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

I found it hard to make a big container of the stuff, no matter how
much I added, it kept being just tomato juice. Finally I gave it a
bunch more Worcestershire and tabasco, threw in some onion powder and
cajun spice and la de da! Was pretty darn good. Better be, I still
have a bunch left.

Nancy
I like it with V-8 juice, rather than tomato (more flavor).

Dora

Ne, too! I never buy tomato juice, only V-8.

I've heard the expression V-8 used quite a few times in the past few weeks
but can't fit it into any category which I know. Can you please explain what
it stands for? It sounds like a car engine capacity :-) I have difficulty
sometimes trying to interpret words in English even though I am English born
and bred ;-)

Cheers

Don

V-8 is an actual name brand of vegetable juice mix.
It's a mix of 8 different juices.

Let's see, I do have a bottle in the 'frige right now. I like to use it
for marinades and recipes in general, It's also delicious as a quick
savory snack, and VERY nutritious:

Juices of:

Tomato
Carrots
Celery
Beets
Parsley
Lettuce
Watercress
Spinach

Also contains salt, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C as a preservative)
flavoring and citric acid.

It's made by Campbells soup company. :-)

V-8 juice is also FABULOUS served hot as a soup!

Cheers!
--
Om.