OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Don Gray > wrote:

> In message Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > Limey wrote

> > > Nancy
> > > I like it with V-8 juice, rather than tomato (more flavor).
> > >
> > > Dora

> > Ne, too! I never buy tomato juice, only V-8.
> >

> I've heard the expression V-8 used quite a few times in the past few weeks
> but can't fit it into any category which I know. Can you please explain what
> it stands for? It sounds like a car engine capacity :-) I have difficulty
> sometimes trying to interpret words in English even though I am English born
> and bred ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Don

V-8 is an actual name brand of vegetable juice mix.
It's a mix of 8 different juices.

Let's see, I do have a bottle in the 'frige right now. I like to use it
for marinades and recipes in general, It's also delicious as a quick
savory snack, and VERY nutritious:

Juices of:

Tomato
Carrots
Celery
Beets
Parsley
Lettuce
Watercress
Spinach

Also contains salt, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C as a preservative)
flavoring and citric acid.

It's made by Campbells soup company. :-)

V-8 juice is also FABULOUS served hot as a soup!

Cheers!
--
Om.