Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 11 Sep 2005 01:28:39p, Don Gray wrote in rec.food.cooking:

In message Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Limey wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

I found it hard to make a big container of the stuff, no matter how
much I added, it kept being just tomato juice. Finally I gave it
a bunch more Worcestershire and tabasco, threw in some onion powder
and cajun spice and la de da! Was pretty darn good. Better be, I
still have a bunch left.

Nancy
I like it with V-8 juice, rather than tomato (more flavor).

Dora

Ne, too! I never buy tomato juice, only V-8.

I've heard the expression V-8 used quite a few times in the past few
weeks but can't fit it into any category which I know. Can you please
explain what it stands for? It sounds like a car engine capacity :-) I
have difficulty sometimes trying to interpret words in English even
though I am English born and bred ;-)

Cheers

Don

V-8 is a blended vegetable juice consisting primarily of tomato juice,
along with juices of carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress,
spinach, and seasonings. It is made by Campbells and the name comes from
the number of vegetable juices it contains.

--
Wayne Boatwright **