Gary Grathen

Thanks. Since the deli doesn't seem to keep a lot of brine in their serving
tray, and as olive oil solidifies in the fridge, I think I'll just put the
olives in a glass jar and store them that way. They seem to get a little
dry that way, but that appears to be the best option. I'll just be sure to
eat them within 2-3 weeks of purchase (which should be no problem :-)

--
Gary Grathen
DeLand, FL

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Gary Grathen" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > How should I store kalamata olives I buy from the local deli? I

searched

"mother
> > > brine" or olive oil, although it wasn't clear exactly what "mother

brine"
> > > was.
> > >
> > > What is the best method for storing refrigerated kalamata olives

purchased
> > > from a deli?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > Gary - as someone else said, have the deli weigh out your olives, *then*

add
> > some of the liquid they were in before - it only goes to waste at the

deli
> > otherwise.
> >
> > However, if you already have some and they are dry - put them in a

little> oil, if they were in oil at the store, put on some oil, if they were
brined,