Chuck

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:51:34 -0000, Mr Libido Incognito
> wrote:

>>Vox Humana wrote on 06 Sep 2005 in rec.food.baking

>> > Even tried chilling "dough" I couldn't get it to stick to side of
>> > chilled or room temperature pan. I instead settled on "ramping"
>> > crumbs up to side of pan.. I think a higher butter content would
>> > have helped.. Any ideas?
>> > (It's still in the oven.. so I don't know results yet..)
>> > Thanks
>> > Chuck

>> The crumbs don't make a dough. It looks like you figured out how to
>> work with it. You could add more butter if you want. I generally put
>> the mixture in the bottom of the pan and use a glass or mug to tamp it
>> down and up the sides of the pan. Of course, it won't go to the top,
>> just up an inch or two.
>>

>A dash of cinnamon helps the taste in a graham waffer crust.

We cut the New York style cheesecake today.. served with Comstock
brand blueberry pie filling.. Best cheesecake I've ever eaten... and
I try it every where I see it offered! (just ask my doctor..)

Here's were I got the recipe
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...s/views/102592
(My next cheesecake is going to be a "Key Lime Cheesecake" from the
same site..)
I didn't use a water bath as I need to buy a pan the right
shape/depth.
It didn't crack, looked great, tasted even better.
I always read the reviews prior to trying new recipe.. as I did this
time.. Following others suggestions, I made the following
adjustments to recipe: Initial temperature of 500 degrees F. for 10
minutes then change temperature to 200 degrees, opening door of oven 5
inches for 2 minutes to let it cool to 200 a little quicker. Then cook
at 200 for about 1 hr 40 minutes.

Now new problem... I cut the cheesecake at work.. now everyone wants
one! Considering the low cook temp (200 degrees) should I expect
any problems cooking 2 or 3 cheesecakes on same rack at same time? or
should I raise both racks higher and use top and center levels of
oven? (this is a home, electric, non-convection oven)
They wouldn't be too crowded, maybe turn cakes after 45 minutes or
so? or shift those from middle shelf to top shelf and top to middle?

Another question: Will freezing lemon and orange zest hurt its
flavor? It would keep me from having to buy two lemons and two oranges
at a time to make sure they're fresh..
Now to find where I can get cream cheese in bulk!

Thanks for the advice
Chuck