DAve Allison

Default Cranberry Fruit Wine Base -

Ok, so I'm not ready yet to crush my own fruit. Forgive me. I have
successfully done 27 bottles of Shiraz from a wine kit, and the Pinot
Noir is ready for stage 2. So as my primary fermentor is empty, I
started wondering around and ended up with Cranberry Fruit Wine Base
from Homebrew Heaven. 96 ounces makes 5 gallons.
http://www.homebrewheaven.com/

What I don't know - I have a 6 gallon carboy. Can I make 5 gallons in
it, and all will work out? Or should I buy 2 wine bases, and use 1 1/6
of them to fill the 6 gallons up? Any thoughts?

My neighbor is giving me 4-5 pounds of figs soon, so that will be my
real first experiment. Using Jack Keller's website for recipes. I have a
2 gallon primary and 1 gallon carboy ready to go.

Again, you'all are just great for offering suggestions. It helps us
novices.

Learned a lot in this forum,
DAve