Vox Humana

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> For cheesecakes I've made in past, I've always used a
> flour-sugar-butter and one egg yoke dough for the crust. Keeping
> spring form pan, and dough chilled, the dough could be sliced and
> formed to thickness needed to go up side of pan and stay there till
> filling was added.. (makes a "plain cookie" type crust..)
>
> Today (for the first time) I'm making a graham cracker crusted
> cheesecake. The recipe called for crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
> Even tried chilling "dough" I couldn't get it to stick to side of
> chilled or room temperature pan. I instead settled on "ramping" crumbs
> up to side of pan.. I think a higher butter content would have
> helped.. Any ideas?
> (It's still in the oven.. so I don't know results yet..)
> Thanks
> Chuck

The crumbs don't make a dough. It looks like you figured out how to work
with it. You could add more butter if you want. I generally put the
mixture in the bottom of the pan and use a glass or mug to tamp it down and
up the sides of the pan. Of course, it won't go to the top, just up an inch
or two.