Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
Trinity > wrote:
> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Trinity > wrote:
> >>One thing that I miss and I admit cheat on every now and then. One bite
> >>at a time mind you, is baklava. I can only have the kind without eggs.
> >>Anyone out there know????

> > I wish I could imagine a baklava that wouldn't spike, but I'm not up to
> > the task. ;-) I think that portion control is our friend in this area.
> > Priscilla, very fond of Greek pastry

> There is one place that I like, but they haven't had any lately. It's
> not drowning in syrup. The one I bought the other day was drowning and
> even a couple of bites and a 15 minute stairs walking didn't drop it
> down too fast. So I know not to buy that particular one.
> We will even just buy the phyllo dough and layer it with butter and bake
> it. Portion contol is key because it's just so damn good.

Amen, sister!

A few years ago, pre-diagnosis, I stopped in at the annual bakesale at
the school where our elections are held. Some kid's grandmother had
made a pan of homemade baklava. I bought the entire thing and took it
to work. I was beloved of my coworkers that day! *sigh* I can still
remember how good it tasted. Oh, well....

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong